All of us from the learning and working class hate ‘Monday’ don’t us? The most as it is the kick start of the tiring week. And we all relate to the concept of “SMONDAY”, the moment when Sunday stops feeling like a Sunday and the anxiety of Monday kicks in.
It’s just the morning that you are usually most affected from. So, it is vital to tell yourself that it isn’t permanent. It’s just a phase and as with everything else it will go away. It happens on Monday and it’s just a few hours. Before you know it, it will be over. Do not dwell on it.
Create your own dominant thought that masters your mind and follow these simple tricks to beat the ‘Monday’ blues.
1. Wake up early: Waking up 30 minutes early can make a difference in your day. It will give you a chance to enjoy your breakfast, have a cup of milk or tea or read newspaper. Waking up early in the morning, especially on Mondays will help you in killing the sadness of the day being a Monday.
2. Don’t overload yourself with work: Do not mess with the day saying that you have too much work to do. Keep it light. Avoid getting into overload of tasks and patiently work on completing the existing one. Do not pile up a large chunk of work to finish up on the same day.
3. Plan it before: Sundays are fun days, but during the night hours before going to sleep, make a to-do list for the week. It is one of the best remedies to tackle Monday blues. This way you feel that things are in control as they are already planned.
4. Sleep well over the weekend but not too much: Sleeping is important before heading into the road of busy week days. Also remember if you sleep too much you are likely to be more sluggish and inactive. Proper sleep will help you in feeling refreshed during the work hours and you won’t get tired easily.
5. Create a good playlist: Commutation may seem boring if not added up with a good playlist. Songs are the best mood-changer. Listen motivating and good songs to cheer up right in the morning on week days.
6. Take a break: Breaks are the best part of a working day. Take adequate breaks on week days too. It will help you in relaxing from the tiring work load and chilling with your friends or colleagues.
7. Be positive: Being optimistic right from the Monday morning can be very helpful. It can turn a bad day into a good one. Try to avoid the negativity around you and find solutions of the problems rather than wasting time in ranting.
8. Change the perspective: Imagine as if it’s a ‘Friday’ and not a ‘Monday’! Yes, why to think that it is Monday- the worst day and get stressed? Let it be. Change the rules of the game and replace it with something that seems more comfortable for you. Call it Friday.
So, follow these rules up and kill your Monday blues.