Well yes, that expression! Not a problem because we are not brought up in a certain way. But it’s time we change now!
A Breast Self-Examination (BSE) is a technique to examine any physical or visual changes in your breast. Not only females but males too should run BSE once in a month from the age of 18.
The 2 BSE steps are:
STEP 1: OBSERVE
* Stand straight in front of a mirror and look at your breasts. Do not slouch.
* Look for any abnormality in their usual size, shape or color.
* Check if the nipple has changed position or is an inverted nipple (pushed inward instead of sliding out)
* Look for any discharge from both the nipple (watery, milky or yellowish fluid or blood)
* Now check for above mentioned changes with your hands raised up.
STEP 2: FEEL AND CHECK
* Now feel your breasts while lying down. Use your right hand for your left breast and your left hand for right breast.
* Feel your breast with your finger pads for any lump or unusual thickening in circular motion, keeping your nipple as central point.
* Squeeze the nipple gently to check if they are producing any discharge material.
* Finally while sitting or standing examine your armpits for any unusual findings.
Carry out this self-examination and stay safe.