You would probably be called an alien if you don’t know anything about the Met Gala. It is, after all, the biggest fundraising event in the world. It was founded by Eleanor Lambert in 1948.
Every year there is a different theme for the Met Ball which is the same as the Costume Institute’s Exhibition. It is held on the first Monday of May and the guests are expected to dress according to the theme.
Celebrities like Rihanna, Kylie Jenner, Blake Lively, Beyoncé , etc. steal the spotlight with their jaw dropping looks almost every year. They can be seen in every newspaper and tabloid. But there are a few celebrities who couldn’t steal the spotlight but deserved it equally.
So here are some underrated Met Gala Looks.
1) Emilia Clarke from the 2018 Met Gala (Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination)
2) Jourdan Dunn from the 2016 Met Gala (Magnus X Machina: Fashion in the Age of Technology)
3) Lauren Santo Domingo from the 2013 Met Gala (Punk: Chaos to Couture)
4) Karlie Kloss from the 2014 Met Gala (Charles James: Beyond Fashion)
5) Julia Garner from the 2019 Met Gala (Camp: Notes on Fashion)
6)Emily Ratajkowski from the 2015 Met Gala (China: Through the Looking Glass)
7) Emmy Rossum from the 2017 Met Gala (Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garçons)
8) Stella Maxwell from the 2018 Met Gala (Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination)
9) Lily-Rose Depp from the 2019 Met Gala (Camp: Notes on Fashion)
10) Virginie and Claire Courtin-Clarins from the 2013 Met Gala (Punk: Chaos to Couture)
These are the Met Gala Looks that we find underrated. What are the other underrated looks that we missed? Do let us know in the comments section below!