A Breast Self Examination(BSE) is a technique to examine any physical or visual changes in your breast.
Not only females but males too should run BSE once in a month from the age of 18.
Follow the below mentioned steps:
STEP 1 :- OBSERVE
* Stand straight in front of a mirror and look at your Breast. Do not slouch.
* Look for any abnormality in their usual size, shape and color.
* Check if the nipple has changed position or is an inverted nipple ( pushed inward instead of sliding out)
* Look for any discharge from both the nipple ( watery, milky or yellowish fluid or blood)
Now check for above mentioned changes with your hands raised up.
STEP 2 :- FEEL AND CHECK
* Now feel your breast while lying down. Use your right hand for your left breast and your left hand for right breast.
* With your fingertips feel your breast for any lump or unusual thickening in circular motion, keeping your nipple as the center point.
* Squeeze the nipple gently to check if they are producing any discharge material.
* Finally while sitting or standing examine your armpits for any unusual findings (Lumps or Knots).