A heart-warming welcome to all my readers!
After a long time, I am back with something which all the students need to know.
As we grow older & older, we get promoted to a higher class. Then a stage arrives where we need to opt a stream for our higher education. Many students get confused at this point as this is a very crucial stage. A wrong decision here can make you suffer.
For the aspirants, who all wish to opt COMMERCE stream after their 10th need to know its pros & cons. But before that, let me give a brief description regarding the same.
Commerce basically means a trading activity. But when deeply studied, it opens up a wide variety of things you need to acquire knowledge of. It has a number of aspects & can be stated as multi-dimensional.
It is a very practical stream which deals with what is actually going round the globe. As an overview, commerce can be understood as the conduct of trade among economic agents. Generally, commerce refers to the exchange of goods, services or something of value, between businesses or entities. From a broad perspective, nations are concerned with managing commerce in a way that enhances the well-being of citizens, by providing jobs and producing beneficial goods and services.
It consists of the following main subjects:
- Business studies
So, here we begin with our key area to discuss
PROS OF OPTING COMMERCE
- INTERESTING: Every subject is interesting in its own way. Commerce too provides with interesting knowledge. One can relate, what he/she studies, with practical life. We get to know about the functions of various institutions. The keen interest which drives a student crazy is the actual field of commerce, i.e., how financial stability is achieved. It is an artistic subject, the more creativity you use, the more excellency you’ll achieve.
- WIDE SCOPE: Commerce also deals with creation of utility and without utility nothing can be achieved. This stream provides you a wide variety of job fields. Even one can practices his/her own profession. One can try in banking sector too or in any field of commerce, arts, humanities etc.
- PROFESSIONALISM: This field provides abundant professional highly-paid courses which retrieves huge respect in the society. CA/CS/CMA/CFA and many more courses are available for students. They require deep knowledge about the respective subjects.
CONS OF OPTING COMMERCE
- DISCRIMMINATION: The mentality prevailing in the society discriminates commerce students on the basis of intellect. It is believed that a student who is weak in studies opts this stream. Even if the child scores good marks, he gets demotivated by the comments like “huh! He was a commerce student that’s why got good marks.”
- SUBJECT MATTER: Commerce barely requires by-hearting things. It totally depends on conceptual studies. The subjects here are different from those studied earlier. So, one really requires patience and hardwork to understand the core content.
- SCOPE: As compared to science stdents, the scope here is quite narrow. Commerce students can go to any other field except for the fields of science. But a science student can even go to a commerce field. This is a major drawback of opting Commerce.
These were some basic things a student must be aware of.
The one who can help you to pursue your course in no one but you yourself. You can be guided but the final decision should be yours as you are the one who have to go through it.
“Commerce changes the fate and genius of nations.”
- Thomas Gray
Now, grant me leave guys!
I’ll back soon with something interesting
Till then take care of yourselves!
And don’t forget to share this to all the needy students.