"Health is wealth"
This is an age old saying, too familiar for us. But it has become more and more relevant these days. So here are some interesting, less known facts about health.
Knowing our body
- Our body has more than 650 muscles.
- We use upto 200 muscles to move even one step forward.
- On average, a human loses 50 to 100 hairs per day.
- Our bones are really strong that our thigh bones have more strength than concrete.
- Our brain is more active at night than in the day.
- It takes our body more than 2 hours to digest a whole meal which we eat in less than 30 minutes.
- The soles of our feet have more sweat glands and nerve endings than any other part of our body.
- More than half of our bones are in our hands and legs - Out of 206 bones, 106 bones total in all the four limbs.
- Women's hearts beat faster than that of men.
- Human jaw muscles are the strongest muscles in our body. Our jaws can close with a force greater than 890 Newton.
Some lesser known tips for health
- Drinking something hot can make us cool down- it is mainly because hot drinks can increase perspiration which helps our body to cool.
- According to studies, listening to Music can boost our work out performance by 15 percent.
- Cardiovascular exercise can also improve our brain performance by creating new brain cells. And thus sharpen our memory.
- Exercising on an empty stomach can burn down 20 percent more fat. Exercises done early in the morning can be more beneficial.
- Sitting on a chair for more than an hour can increase death risk by 40 percent.
- Laughing can increase the blood flow by 20 percent. That is why our cheeks redden during laughter.
- Doing exercises when you are tired, makes you more energetic and active.
- Too much sleep can increase the chances of early death. A human requires a maximum of 8 hours sleep only.
- Reading books can lower your cortisol levels and other unhealthy hormones by 60 percent.
- Drinking tea can lower the risk of heart attack, diabetes and Parkinson's disease. But don't add a lot of sugar, which can reverse the results.
- Drinking coffee can reduce the risk of depression, especially in women.
- Antioxidants in chocolate can improve the blood flow, reduce wrinkles and protect against UV damage.
- Extra virgin olive oil is the healthiest fat on the planet.
- Spinal disc core has a large volume of water, so dehydration can lead to back pain.
- Eating eggs can improve our reflexes- eggs contain an amino acid, tyrosine, which helps in improving alertness, intellectual performance and enhances our response time.
- Being optimistic can improve our cardiovascular health, have better immune response, and decrease the risks due to stress and tensions.
These are some unknown but really useful tips for health and fitness.
Stay fit and healthy